I am a library professional who strives for more. After getting my BA in English from UCI, I went to San Jose State to get my Master’s in Library and Information Science. After graduating in 2012, I now manage a public library in Southern California. I am currently participating in the Staff Innovation Fund, a series of workshops designed to train the next generation of library leaders.
The library is dead. Long live the library!
Portfolio items for your consideration:
- Blog for Westwood College Inland Empire Learning Commons
- I wrote the proposal, chose the host, set up the account, created/designed the blog, and update it weekly, with some posts by Lpham, the head Librarian.
- Google Sites solution for the Friends of the Ladera Ranch Library
- The Friends found themselves suddenly without a website or web technologist to update it. I proposed several free solutions that suited their needs and did not require any technical know-how for site maintenance. After they selected the Google Sites platform, I created the site and a tutorial to quickly teach them how to update it. They now update and maintain the site themselves, with guest posts by the Ladera Librarians themselves.
- Delicious stacks; Social bookmarking initiative for Westwood College
- After seeing the unacceptable state of library.westwood.edu, I proposed that the valuable information still on the site be transferred to Delicious in the form of social bookmarking. Many of the subjects are completed, but there is still work to be done!
- Digital Storytelling
- Created for my LIBR 240 Information Technology class, this video demonstrates my proficiency in using various software.
- Web Design- OCPL redesign
- In this project, I analyzed, evaluated, and re-designed the layout of OCPL’s homepage. I show how I would restructure this cluttered, confusing site to be more user-friendly.
- Research Proposal
- To demonstrate my research and communication skills, I present this research paper completed for LIBR285- Action Research.